Sunday, June 12, 2011

Cognac Wellerlane BDAY BASH and Ladies Behind Lenses


Last week I had the opportunity to attend the lauch of Ladies Behind the Lenses and the birthday celebration of famed Fashion Week Legend and reporter Cognac Wellerlane.
This awesome party was thrown by a Marcy Clarke of Women's Mafia.
The drinks were amazing, the cupcakes delish, the DJ awesome and Cognac...well she was just as Pink Champagne as she's ever been. She was also presented with the first ever Women's Mafia Boldness Award.
(Cognac, Nikki Roberts, Marcy Clarke)
This event was also a fundraiser for the Ladies Behind the Lenses Festival in the Fall. Nikki Roberts who wrote and directed the film Out of Darkness which was selected at this years Cannes Festival. The short film is incredible. Take a look at it HERE!!!


Outfit
Blazer: H&M
Bustier Top: ASOS
Shorts: Urban Outfitters only $20 Fashion STEELE! see them worn differently HERE!
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Clutch: Vintage
Earrings: Mango

Overall this was an awesome event and I had a great time! I was a little nervous to show my middrift while wearing this outfit. I'm not really for showing my belly button...(atleast not since high school) but I think I did it tastefully.

What do you all think of showing off a little tummy?

xoxo
Monroe



22 comments:

  1. you make the bustier top look so classy!

    XO Sahra

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stylish girl! Love everthing <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, love the white blazerof course. Haha great minds think alike I wore my midfriff out this past Friday :-) Thought I'd hit up that trend in the heat.

    Dearest,
    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  4. sick outfit and awesome event! you look great/it looks like you had an amazing time!
    come by my giveaway :)

    xx.M

    www.bellesandrebelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! As usual :D Loads of pretty peeps there.

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's just a teeny amount of midriff! And it looks good!! I adore this outfit! You find the best H and M pieces. How come every time I go there I can't find anything like that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you look beautiful:)))

    LOVE minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW,it looks like you had great gun!Stunning outfit!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another GREAT outfit! Those shorts are TOO cute!!! You guys ALWAYS have something to do in NY..WOW!

    Prissy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this outfit, showing off a little tummy is a must some time! You look great :)
    Have a good day!
    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  11. so stylish and I LOVE the white blazer. This looks like it was such a fun event! You are doing great things with the blog and am so proud of you. fyi: I tore my LCL and meniscus this weekend at football... may need advice on rehab lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute you're blog:)
    There is a giveaway to win a bikini on my blog, if you like to participate this is the link:
    http://breakfastatkaty.blogspot.com/2011/06/giveaway-with-lovelysally.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing wrong at all with showing a little tummy (as long as it's in shape)! Quite tastefull indeed. In fact, I love the blazer and the sliver of belly, classy and sexy at the same time!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the pictures and you looked nice.
    The headphones on the DJ are cute.

    windowshopz.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have understated sexy down pact!

    I also second the person who mentioned your amazing finds at H&M. I look at your items from there and wish you would do a tutorial. H&M always fails me. I walk in, I walk out, with nothing in hand. :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think you did it tastefully, too. love that tuxedo-like H&M blazer and the Asos bustier. lovely pics of the event!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the outfit and you looked so stunning xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are working those Foxy's girl! Your glowing too! <33

    xoxo,
    daisy

    http://imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin