Monday, July 2, 2012

gold and black

a few weeks ago i thrifted this top from Salvation Army.
it came in a two piece set with top and skirt so i decided to break it up so that it fit better into my wardrobe. i paired the sky blue top with one of my new favorite skirts from American Apparel.
this skirt is from the new Afrika line and I am digging it!
i love the contrast between the top and the skirt as well.



Top: Thrifted from Salvation Army |   Skirt: American Apparel Afrika Line
Shoes: Zara Basic Sandal | Gold Clutch: Zara | Sunnies: Spitfire

the print on this skirt is sick and i love that it's on gold lame as well which subsequently goes perfectly with my new Zara Gold Lame clutch. I picked this baby up while in Barcelona for about $30! I will be pairing it with tons of evening wear...like this green sequin dress.
if you want to know the number one showstoppers to get you noticed...
unique shoes and weird sunglasses.
the combination is golden.

xx
Monroe

Follow me on INSTAGRAM @monroesteele

13 comments:

  1. The shirt and glasses give off a retro feel while the gold accents keep it modern...Love it!!
    http://worldoffashionandbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head to toe perfection!! U look gorgeous and that clutch is so effin RAD!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your top is pretty. Don't you just love a good thrift find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice outfit, the skirt is so beautiful.

    www.mixofstyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Everything goes perfectly together. Awesome thrifted steal, perfect golden african print and to top it off the coolest golden clutch I've seen so far it just makes it golden altogether!

    Love,
    Sheyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this skirt so much! The top matches so well and the clutch is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. U never let us down , luv that u chose mint with this fab skirt just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe this is from American APparel1 i just love this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your bag and the beautiful top!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful outfit. Love your sunglasses.

    $100 Shopbop GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look... esp the skirt! good ish!

    Emijaa Jaaemil
    www.emijaajaaemil.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am seriously in love with this entire outfit. Love the skirt, especially!

    http://fashionwashere.net

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin